Monday, January 10, 2011

Training has begun

It's official, training and fundraising has both begun in full force.  Maybe not in FULL force for training - you don't realize how far you fall off until you try to get back on - they should include that as a disclaimer to the age old saying that if  you fall off you just have to get back on (is there a way I can brand that?). 

Anyways, I've started doing some swimming, biking, and running combined with p90x for strength training.  Couldn't maintain my normal pace while running, had trouble in drills on the bike, and swimming was BRUTAL.  I swam at the YMCA late on Wednesday, and it was just me and the lifeguard.  I could tell he was annoyed (what - are you going to close early???).  I could feel him roll his eyes while I churned my arms futilely propelling myself clumsily through the water.  To be honest, I was a little relieved he was there, but luckily he wasn't needed.  P90x has been the real eye opener.  For those who have done it - you know you have to track your progress on things like push-ups, pull-ups, and heavy pants (seriously...that's what it's called) from week-to-week.  I keep looking at my week 12 recordings from last year and shaking my head, because I can't even do half of what I was once able to.  I'm confident I'll get there though the difficult part is being patient.  Tomorrow I get up for plyometrics at 5:00am - YAY!

As far as fundraising - my e-mail campaign has really produced so far, Thank you so much to those who have donated - it's really cool to feel the support.  I'm at 25% of my goal, which is AWESOME according to my fundraising mentor - especially since I haven't even attended the summer TNT season kick-off yet.  I still have a long way to go, and will be nervous about this thing up until I hit my goal, but if I have to go blue blocking (a more PC name for pan-handling) on Barry Road, I will - or maybe I'll sell pixy stix and 5-hour energies at high school track meets (is that legal)?   

1 comment:

  1. I seriously doubt your swimming was THAT awful! You're doing great and working your butt off...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete