Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Almost There

18 days to go, and I'm at 93% of my goal...Thanks so much to the last few donors.  You've really helped me get to the home stretch.  I just need to cash in on a few promised donations, and I should be at my goal before the race!  Again, I can't say thank you enough to everyone's generosity.

Almost a month has passed since my last post, and I'm sure everyone has given up on the blog.  Have no fear just because I've been slacking on my blogging duties, I have not been slacking on training.  Through the stress of my crazy work schedule lately, vacation, the KC Corporate Challenge, and the duties of keeping my (and Jen's) life the way we've grown accustomed - I'm still kicking my butt getting myself ready for this triathlon. 

A quick update on Jen...she had her 3 month scans, still CLEAR!!!  Still in remission!!!  Only 9 more months to go and the odds of recurrance goes WAY down.  She has still been having a little trouble with her lungs, a side effect of the radiation.  Luckily she's not the first, and a pulmonologist had the answer...ROIDS.  That's right people, my wife's juicing like Arnold in his hay-day.  I'm talking before Maria, and "the maid".  I'm just kidding...she's just taking a relatively mild (in comparison to Arnold) dose (albeit more powerful than what was originally prescribed) to aid in repairing the damaged tissue.  The great news is we went to Shawnee Mission Park for a bike ride (anyone who has been there can attest to the challenging hills), and she did FANTASTIC.  2-laps, and a run without that old "I can't breathe" feeling she's been struggling with lately.  We're hopeful that this means she's on her way back to her old fitness levels.

On a quick training note - I had the KC Triathlon a few weeks ago, and although we swam 250m less than previous years...I shaved 7 mninutes off my personal best.  I also had a fun run on the beach when on vacation.  4 miles, on my toes, resulted in blisters and THROBBING calves for 2 days.  I feel good, and am looking forward to 1 more brutal week before I taper down to get ready for the race!

As much as I want to write a nice long blog post to catch everyone  up...I need to get to my soccer game.  It's been a busy day, 10 hour work day, KCCC soccer practice, SMP swim/bike, and soccer game...I'll sleep well tonight.

Cheers everyone!

1 comment: