Wednesday, April 20, 2011

_____Block

What did you fill in the blank with?  Think about that for a second...hmmm. 

I knew this would happen, I need to post on my site, but don't really have anything to say.  I hear this is called writers block, but I'm really not a writer so we'll have to figure out something else to call it when it pertains to me.  Nonetheless, I promised to keep this blog rolling, so against the urge to watch (ignore) American Idol with Jen, I'll just start molesting my keyboard in hopes that it results in some witty banter that everyone will enjoy.

Challenges - people always talk about how they like to be challenged, pushed, and driven.  Sometimes I wonder what exactly drives people to really want to get outside their comfort zones.  Does comfort tow the line with laziness, and we feel guilty?  Perhaps it's just that perpetual drive for self improvement that we all strive for.  Now, I'm about to get a little philosophical, so bear with me...Booger, Booger, Fart, Fart, Weiner.  Think about THAT for a second...boogers.  Did you laugh?  Congratulations, your comical capacity hasn't gotten past the 3rd grade.

Ok, I'll really do have some challenges coming up.  First work is really ramping up and becoming more stressful than I typically allow.  This usually translates to bad (and sometimes lack of ) workouts.  I've done a good job so far of not letting that happen.  I'm hoping to keep this trend rolling.  I missed official training this week on account of almost $4 gas, but I did run a much hillier route to keep me on my toes.  The bike shop still has my bike, but luckily I have a "spare", and got on the trainer a bit.  I really need to get on the swimming - Wednesdays haven't been as accommodating as they were.  That's about it for training...longer and more intense. 
 
Good news! - more donations are rolling in, I'm now at 75% of my goal with 66 days until the Philadelphia Triathlon.  Again feel overwhelmed by the generosity of family, friends, and friends and family of family and friends.  Thank you again!  I hope everyone feels as happy as I do to be a part of something bigger than yourself. 

I'm really proud of Jen, she is struggling with what we're still thinking are the residual effects of treatments.  Her stamina and lung capacity is holding her back in her running and cycling.  I experienced a little of this, but I chalked mine  up to age, and it passed relatively quickly.  I try to sympathize, but all I can do is try to be supportive.  Remember me saying that you're never rid of cancer?  Well it's true.  It keeps popping up here and there.  Despite it's best efforts, she keep pushing ahead.  Through the frustration of having to work SO much harder for what came with much less effort last year, she keeps on going. 

Proud of you babe!  You're so strong and you're going to get where you want, it just may take a little longer.

Booger...:-)

Random thought: - has anyone ever taken a picture of a dog turd and posted it on facebook with the caption "It's pretty much the same thing that you're posting"  I almost did.

1 comment: